Appointments & Treatments
Anyone may book an appointment direct by telephoning 01799 525409.
Referral is not necessary.
The Saffron Walden Physiotherapy Practice is recognised by all major health insurance providers. If you are claiming, you may need to obtain a referral from your G.P. - so check the details of your policy first.
Your first visit will include a detailed assessment including a series of questions and an examination. A plan of treatment will be established. You will normally also receive some treatment and self treatment advice and exercises to continue at home.
Further treatment will then be arranged according to individual requirement.
A wide range of Physiotherapy techniques are used including –
- Manual techniques including joint mobilisation and myofascial release techniques
- Laser therapy
- Taping - kinesiology and rigid McConnell taping
- Posture, back care and ergonomics advice
- Biomechanics assessment and advice on orthotics
- Individually planned home exercise programmes including Pilates based exercise as appropriate
- Referral and recommendation to ongoing Pilates classes and Gym instruction